Friday, May 17, 2013

Through the Hobbit Hole



I have so many wonderful opportunities to craft for awesome strangers because I join up for swaps on craftster. This is one of the embroideries I have done this year.

I tend to browse peoples pinterest pages, looking for inspiration, once I am partnered with them. This is an example of the fun I have because of it.

This was just a black and white drawing that was pinned to one of my swap partners pinterest boards. But I decided that I needed to give it life by embroidering it.  I was able to use a few different stitches to give it the depth and texture I wanted. The grass is full of purple glass beads that I was hoping would resemble flowers or berries, I was able to use my punch needle to give the grass a bushy effect. I used a fill stitch for the sky and mountain and hillside and a satin stitch for the walkway. I used a split stitch on the trees and french knots for the hobbit holes in the distance.

It reads, "The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began... Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow, if I can."

I had so much fun making this for my swap partner and I was so happy to know that it is loved in it's new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment