Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Adventures in Perler Beads

1up

Pixel Hair Bow

Pixel Hair Bow with clip hot glued to back.

The girls used glow in the dark Perler Beads too!

Goomba
I have to admit that this was a craft that was a little tough for my little ones, it takes concentration, time and nimble fingers. The girls, 4 & 5, used preformed shapes to make their frog and dog. And I had to help finish them. I, on the other hand, used a grid to make my own designs, which was really fun.

Feel free to 'steal' the 'patterns' and have your own fun! Remember to iron both sides and never let a child handle an iron. (Common sense, I know.)

I hot glued a hair clip to the back of the bow and it's held up well. I hot glued magnets to the back of the 1up and Goomba to put on the fridge to hold up art. I want to try to make Rainbow Dash from My Little Ponies and if I ever get around to it, I'll post a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment